Sunday, January 3, 2016

renewal

The Winter Solstice is over. The Shopping Holiday is done. Now is the time of reflection and renewal. I think this is my favorite time of the year. It’s quiet after the New Year’s Eve parties and sunrise is creeping slightly forward every day. Soon it will be dawn-ish when I head out for my morning run/walk/shuffle/skip. 

It’s a time to review the good times, bad times and mediocre times of last year, to focus on lessons learned and establish priorities for the new year.

It’s a time plan the coming year: vacations, projects and personal resolutions.

It’s a time to clean house: scrub, organize and discard.

It’s a time to watch cat videos and do a juice cleanse. 
Nah, just kidding.

Happy New Year, everybody!




On a more serious note, I walked past this sign today and got to thinking about folks who may not be so joyful as I feel right now. Today is also a time to connect with family and friends and take stock of how you are feeling. If you need help, reach out. Tomorrow can be a better day and you don’t want to miss it.